Manufacturing Engineering Manager – Emeryville, CA
f’real, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Rich Products Corporation, designs, sells and markets authentic milkshakes, smoothies and frappes all made from real ingredients – ice cream, fruit, milk and coffee. Consumers freshly blend our delicious products in our patented blender in over 18,000 locations across the US and Canada, primarily at convenience stores and colleges and universities.
About the Role
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is a highly visible role at f’real as we continue grow and expand our product offerings. You will report to the Director of Engineering and Equipment Operations and manage a team based in Emeryville, CA. Domestic and international travel will be required and may be frequent at times. You will lead a team of engineers and technicians to transition new products to manufacturing, and improve the quality, cost of goods, and reliability of existing products. Some of the specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Guide and mentor team members in their personal performance and professional development
- Partner with our Engineering team in new equipment product development to ensure cost effective design solutions, smooth launches and sustained production
- Consult, influence, and negotiate with contract manufacturers and vendors on contracts, project plans, costs, and timelines
- Lead design transfer of new products to our contract manufacturing partners
- Provide support to CM’s for process development, scale-up, cost reduction, and quality improvement
- Track and monitor CM performance
- Develop and manage short term and long term plans to ensure robust supply and COGS reduction
- Develop and manage Product Lifecycle Management and documentation processes
You are an enthusiastic team player with solid people and project management skills. You thrive in a collaborative work environment and love the challenges that come with innovation and change. You have strong leadership skills and are able to effectively communicate individual and team goals in a fast paced environment; are results driven with a “do what it takes” mindset, able to focus self and others to achieve and exceed goals.
- BS/MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required, advanced degree desirable
- 10+ years of professional experience in developing commercial products, UL/NSF experience required
- 3+ years managing an engineering team required
- Working knowledge of micro-processor controlled equipment, including: electro-mechanical systems, embedded controllers, A/C D/C motors, fluidics, thermal control, etc.
- Working knowledge of common manufacturing processes and practices; LEAN, six-sigma, SPC desired
- Able to prepare, read, analyze, and interpret common technical and manufacturing documents
- Excellent management, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Fluent with common CAD, CAE, PDM/PLM, and office productivity tools
- Positive and fun outlook…we’re in the milkshake business after all!
F’real Foods Inc. (“f’real”) is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. F’real will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at 1-877 FOR REAL (367 7325).